What will automation bring you?
The operation of IT environments is often complicated by the number of types of technologies used, customer demands for a favourable price and the instant availability of the requested service.
The introduction of automation into IT operations brings standardization and leads to the simplification and streamlining of the process of services provided. Automation needs to be built gradually in small (techno)logical steps, which you then connect into complex units representing customer service.
An example is the gradual introduction of the automation of application and database environments, then expanded by provisioning servers in your favourite environment, complemented by the configuration of data storage and network elements. Through automation, you can define standardized services that can then be easily adapted to specific customer requirements through parameterization.
Another advantage of automation is easy repeatability, enabling:
- flexibly meeting customer service requirements, with the only limit being the internal capacity of IT resources
- in the event of unsolicited intervention in the service configuration, the desired state can be restored by repeatedly running the automation and thus enforcing consistency of the service configuration
- ensuring easy recovery from disruptions
Automation makes it easy for you to efficiently fulfil client service requests in the shortest possible time.
How is automation introduced?
In the first place, for the successful introduction of automation or other technologies as a containerisation platform, a change of mindset is needed throughout the organisation, from management to individual technicians. Further, the technical knowledge of IT staff needs to be expanded to include knowledge of automation technologies, thereby changing their competencies as their hands are freed up and revenues increase. Whether through increased quality of service or the ability to provide more services with the same resources.
When implementing automation, we use Ansible - an opensource product from Red Hat consisting of several components.
- Ansible Engine – runtime that executes automation playbooks
- Ansible Tower – a user portal with a simple service catalogue and permissions management (RBAC)
- Ansible content collections – a program that contains modules and roles through which tasks to be done are defined
Ansible playbooks, custom automation scripts, describe the target state to be achieved in the IT environment. Running playbooks is idepotent - you can run playbooks repeatedly, if the desired configuration is already deployed, the corresponding step is not performed, Thus, by running playbooks repeatedly, you ensure a consistent environment.
Why handle automation with us?
- Full automation with efficient tools (CI/CD, Ansible)
- Increased competitiveness
- Greater flexibility in meeting your clients' requirements
- Increase revenue and save time in day-to-day operations